I toured the Knox recently. This new construction condo building is in what is technically the southeast corner of Potrero Hill, but really the area associates more with the Dogpatch. One-bedroom units are starting around $800,000, two bedrooms start around $1.1 million, with the three bedroom units starting around $1.8 million. I thought the units felt spacious, and I really liked the outdoor space. Instead of a roof deck, they put their common area nestled in to the lower ground level. Having the common space in the center provides great wind protection.
Don’t know Dogpatch well? Check out my neighborhood history and market trends post. Here are a few of my favorites.
Food / Drink
- ‘aina – Modern Hawaiian cuisine – 900 22nd St.
- Piccino – Seasonally based menu with Italian inspirations – 1001 Minnesota St.
- Mr. & Mrs. Miscellaneous – Some of the best ice cream in the city – 699 22nd St.
- Neighbor Bakehouse – Amazing, creative pastries – 2343 3rd St.
- Long Bridge Pizza Company – Pizza with a nod to the neighborhood history – 2347 3rd St.
- Marcella’s Lasagneria – It’s all about the lasagne – 1099 Tennessee St.
- Just for You Cafe – Good home cooking – 732 22nd St.
- Hard Knox Cafe – Homey soul food – 2526 3rd St.
- Serpentine – Honest Food / Classic Cocktails – 2495 3rd St.
- Gilberths – Latin fusion cuisine – 2427 3rd St.
- Smokestack at Magnolia Brewery – Craft beer, good cocktails, and smoky ‘cue – 2505 3rd St.
- Oliviers Butchery – French style butcher – 1074 Illinois St.
Outdoors / Transportation
New Construction – Units Completed by Year
To provide some context and insight San Francisco added a bit over 4000 units in 2016.